- Proactive and techno-commercial professional with experience in Business and Operations Management, Production, Supply Chain Management, Quality Assurance, Quality Management Systems, Sales and retail management.
- Extensive work experience in various countries including Canada, USA, China, Indonesia and India. Excellent knowledge of various cultures and best practices in various parts of the world.
- Strong leadership, P&L management, negotiation, analytical and planning skills.
- Work experience in diverse industries with primary experience in Apparels & Textile but also wide experience in Retail & Hospitality, Real Estate & Finance, Auto components, Air conditioners, Steel and computers.
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from I.I.T. Bombay, India (1989)
Chief Operating Officer- Ginni Filaments, Noida, India (June ’18 – December ‘18)-A leading textile and apparel knitwear manufacturer in India and I handled the entire business right from marketing, operations, Finance to HR. While the tenure was short due to change in business plans for the division, the results achieved were exciting, some of which can be tabulated as below-
- The division was making a loss of 1.2 million dollars plus per annum. I worked to strengthen operations and marketing and during the month of November 2018, we achieved a break-even, for the first time after years
- The division had an inventory of 950,000 pieces in WIP/FGS as on 1st June 2018, when I had joined. Worked to streamline systems, enable JIT and set up lean lines (with cut to pack), modular lines, brought closer monitoring of standard assembly lines and enabled greater focus on dispatches and customer order execution to enable an inventory reduction of almost half (a reduction of close to USD 1.5 million).
- The rejection percentage was more than 11 percent when I had joined with absolute disregard for quality and a lot of rework which was brought down to less than 5.5% within five months.
- Started business again with old customers who had left the organization like Splash (India) and Benetton (India). Also with the help of new marketing team added new customers like Myntra (India), Devred /Brunotti/Shoeby (Europe), Art & Eden (USA), Triburg (India for a few Europe based customers) and Madura Garments Inner wear division Besides increased business with Future group and renewed relationship with Iconic (Landmark group) to enable capacity utilization.
– Adviser to the Board of Directors of Gokaldas Exports Ltd, Bangalore, India (June ’16 – Jan ’18)-The company is one of the leading garment exporter out of India with 18 factories employing a workforce of 25,000 +. It supplies to top brands like Gap, H&M, Forever 21, Nike, Columbia, etc. I worked directly with the VC/MD and the Directors. While I was designated as Advisor, I had direct operational control over various areas including-
* Cap-Ex and technology enhancement which I coordinated directly and monitored investments upwards of 2 million dollars over a one year period. I also coordinated the laundry plant enhancement and ZLD water treatment project of investment of an additional 2 million dollars including wet & dry processing. I also finalized the entire Cap-Ex budget for the company for the financial year 2017-2018.
* Review of entire Fabric & trim sourcing areas including all vendors and development of a vendor review and management systems.
* Disposal of entire Export surplus including fabrics, trims and apparels. Within a period of less than one year, I reduced the surplus fabric stock from more than 1 million meters to and reduced the excess apparel stock which had been lying unsold for years by more than a million meters.
* Managing India retail including its marketing, design, production, pricing and all retail operations up to December 2016. Increased sales in the division by more than 70% in just three months!
* Complete machinery audit and ensuring that a liquidation plan for old unused machines was worked out to enable the influx of cash into the system. The same money was used to part finance Cap-Ex.
* Besides I assisted the MD in various issues related to streamlining planning, IE functions and production especially in laundry, embroidery and printing, the value-added services. I visited Italy and Turkey for machine review and am aware of the latest technologies in almost all areas related to apparels.
* Also coordinated the entire inventory management, receipt, Incoming fabric and trim QA and issue so as to ensure that the plants were fed with the right quality raw material at all times.
President & CEO- Mood I Limited, Ontario, Toronto, Canada (Sep’09 onward)- A company providing consultancy in SCM/Business operations & also Business and Realty Brokerage services to esteemed clients. One of the projects included-
– Business Consultant KC Tex Limited, Keqiao, Shaoxing China, Apr’15-Aug’15– A Singapore based MNC and a leader in yarns and fabrics in the world. Assisted in development of the systems and best practices for the fabric division of the company focusing on sourcing of fabric from various parts of China and supplying to various countries including Bangladesh, Singapore, Brazil, Vietnam.
- Earlier the company owned and managed businesses including 3 hotels at Niagara Falls and a gas bar and store at Guelph. The businesses were highly profitable ventures and were operated during September ’09- August ‘15.
– Through excellent customer service, ensured that the sales for the hospitality business increased by 45% & retail by 50%
– Based on the excellent performance, the leading magazine of the trade, YCM magazine (25000+ circulations), ranked the retail gas bar amongst the Grand slam top five performers in Canada.
Director Apparel Sourcing- At Last Sportswear (Shahi Exports) Manhattan, N.Y., USA (Aug’08- Aug ’09)- Transferred here by Shahi Exports India to head this function for a leading apparels importer.
– Headed the entire sourcing, SCM and procurement team based out of USA, China, Bangladesh, India and Indonesia.
CEO Shahi Exports Limited (Textile Division), Ghaziabad India-
(May ’04- Aug ’08)- CEO and Business Head of a modern textile mill.
– Successfully turned around a loss-making process house into a highly profitable, most modern, integrated highly successful composite textile mill (Gross USD 35 million plus). Completed this profitability turnaround within six months of joining and delivered sustainable profits thereafter.
– Later built a most modern weaving plant there with an additional capital investment of 15 million USD within a span of 1.5 years.
– Achieved capacity utilization of 95% plus round the year at this unit while more than doubling its annual production over the years.
– Got ISO 9001:2000 approval for the company in 2006, making it the first textile mill of NCR, Delhi to achieve that distinction.
– Before being transferred as CEO of their textile division, worked in their apparels division as Vice President Production and Operations taking care of apparel production, QA,SCM and all procurement functions with seven factories and 6500+people working with me.
Manager SCM & Logistics at PT Kewalram, Bandung, Indonesia (Aug ’02- May ’04), the largest embroidery manufacturer of the ASEAN region
-Achieved major improvements in machine efficiencies (Up 87%)-Reduced the order turnaround time from 55 days to 39 days
Vice President SCM & Logistics at Vardhman Industries, Baddi, India (Aug ’01- Aug ’02). It is a leading composite textile mill of India.
-Established central planning and inventory management cell in the unit.
Positions in SCM, Logistics and Sales in India in (July ’89 to Aug ’01) in industries including Auto components (Gabriel), Watches (Maxima), cold rolled steel (RMI), air conditioning (Carrier) & computers (HCL)
1. Selected as amongst theTOP 75 IMMIGRANTS TO CANADA for the year 2013 by leading media group (Toronto Star).
2. Canadian citizen with Indian OCI, an author and a writer.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
Address: 62 Bankfield Drive, Etobicoke, Ontario-M9V 2P9. Canada
Canada: (H) +1 416 848 4313 / © +1 437 262 9047 (Also What’s app)