- Proactive and techno-commercial professional with experience in Business and Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Sales and retail management, Technology enhancement, Equity trading and portfolio management, Quality Management Systems & HR development and recruiting.
- Experience in diverse industries with two decades plus stint in Textile & Apparels, Real Estate and business brokerage and Retail & Hospitality. Besides the same Devanshu had also earned a decade plus experience in diverse industries including auto components, CR steel, air conditioning and computer & IT hardware sales.
- Extensive work experience in various countries including India, Canada, USA, Indonesia and China. Excellent knowledge of cultures and best practices all around the world.
- Strong Consulting, leadership, P&L management, negotiation, analytical and planning skills.
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from I.I.T. Bombay, India (1985-89)
Real Estate & Business brokerage course from OREA, Canada (2010-12)
President & CEO- Mood I Limited, Ontario, Toronto, Canada (Sep’09 to date) – Mood ILimitedis a company which operates in the knowledge domain and provides consultancy to various companies all around the world. It is also a duly registered and licensed (as per strict Canadian regulations) business and realty brokerage in Ontario, Canada. During Covid times its activities have been limited to Canada but prior to the same, some of the prestigious worldwide projects handled included-
- Ginni Filaments, Noida, India (June ’18 – December ‘18)-A leading textile and apparel knitwear manufacturer in India. Devanshu assisted the Directors directly and managed the operations of this extensive loss making unit (upwards of a million dollars per year) and gave it a new direction.
In the span of six months, major achievements that Devanshu ensured included-
A turnaround in profitability by ensuring a break-even in November 2018 for the first time in years . This was enabled by adding new clients, completely redesigning many production lines, enabling better systems of IE & line management, coordinated planning and a host of other measures. The productivity improved by more than 50%, rework reduced by more than 40% while the quality rejection & packing losses went down from more than 15% to less than 4% in this period.
The division used to operate with an inventory of close to four months stock (Raw material to finished goods) at any time. Devanshu worked link and monitor the entire SCM together. This ensured not only improvement in timely order execution by more than 30% but also cut the inventory to HALF i.e. two months at any time by October 2018.
Worked to strengthen the team by adding professionals at various levels in production, sales, Quality management and maintenance and at the same time carried out review to eliminate excesses in various areas
Restarted business with old customers who had ended their relationship due to earlier non-performance like Splash/Iconic- Landmark group (India/UAE) & Benetton (India). At the same time, added new prestigious customers like Myntra (India), Devred /Brunotti/Shoeby (Europe), Art & Eden (USA), Triburg (India for a few Europe based customers), Madura Garments (India) and a few other medium scale exporters. Also at the same time increased business with Future group to enable capacity utilization.
- Gokaldas Exports Ltd, Bangalore, India (June ’16 – Jan ’17)-The company is one of the leading garment exporter out of India with 18 factories employing a workforce of 25,000 +. It supplies to top brands like Gap, H&M, Forever 21, Nike, Columbia, etc. Devanshu worked directly with the VC/MD and the Directors as Advisor and led/guided the following projects-
Cap-Ex and technology enhancement- Devanshu coordinated an investment of upwards of two million dollars during this time including in the modernizing and buying new stitching machines for new and existing plants, laundry plant enhancement with purchase of new machines for wet and dry processing (with visits to Turkey and Italy) & also purchase of a ZLD water treatment project for the main laundry factory. Devanshu was in-charge of the entire Cap-ex and finalized the Cap-Ex budgets for the company.
Review of entire Fabric & trim sourcing areas including all vendors and development of a vendor review and management systems.
Disposal of entire Export surplus including fabric, trims and finished apparels. Within a period of less than one year the surplus fabric stock was reduced from an excess of one million meters to ZERO and a system implemented for regular liquidation thereafter. The surplus apparel stock was also reduced by more than 50% in this period. and the reduction of the rest was planned over the next year to reduce losses in financials.
Managed all operations of India retail from design, marketing, pricing, production to actual sales including that of the flagship stores in Bangalore . Within five months of taking over this responsibility the sales were increased by more than 70% and continued to increase thereafter through innovative sales and marketing techniques and introduction of new designs and finishes.
Headed the machinery audit area and led the liquidation plan for the old unused machinery while ensuring that the ones in use were further closely monitored to ensure proper usage and better upkeep. The money got back through this plan was used to partially fund cap-ex.
Directly assisted the MD in various issues related to streamlining planning, IE functions and production especially in laundry, embroidery and printing.
Also to ensure greater objectivity in the organization, as desired by the MD, developed a KRA/KPI review system for the entire management team right from the President to the Asst. Manager level.
- KC Tex Limited, Keqiao, Shaoxing China (May’15-Aug’15) – KC Tex is a Singapore based MNC and a leader in yarns and fabrics in the world. Devanshu was assigned as a Business consultant to their China business to assist in development of systems and best practices for the fabric division of the company focusing on sourcing of fabric from various parts of China and supplying to various countries including Bangladesh, Singapore, Brazil, Vietnam.
- Earlier Mood I Limited owned and managed businesses including three hotels at Niagara Falls and a gas bar and store at Guelph. The businesses were highly profitable ventures and were operated during September ’09- August ‘15.
– Through excellent customer service, ensured that the sales for the hospitality business increased by 45% & retail by 50%
– Based on the excellent performance, the leading magazine of the trade, YCM magazine (25000+ circulations), ranked the retail gas bar amongst the Grand slam top five performers in Canada and No. 1 in Ontario in 2012.
Director Apparel Sourcing- At Last Sportswear (Shahi Exports) Manhattan, N.Y., USA (Aug’08- Aug ’09)- Transferred here by Shahi Exports India to head this function for a leading apparels importer.
– Headed the entire sourcing, SCM and procurement team based out of USA, China, Bangladesh, India and Indonesia.
-Headed the dress division of the company as its CEO and lead the marketing and design team in selling women’s dresses to leading retailers
CEO Shahi Exports Limited (Textile Division), Ghaziabad India–
(May ’04- Aug ’08)- CEO and Business Head of a modern textile mill.
– Successfully turned around a loss-making process house into a highly profitable, most modern, integrated composite textile mill (Gross USD 35 million plus). Completed this profitability turnaround within six months of joining and delivered sustainable profits thereafter.
– Later built a most modern weaving plant there with an additional capital investment of 15 million USD within a span of 1.5 years.
– Achieved capacity utilization of 95% plus round the year at this unit while more than doubling its annual production over the years.
– Got ISO 9001:2000 approval for the company in 2006, making it the first textile mill of NCR, Delhi to achieve that distinction.
– Before being transferred as CEO of their textile division, worked intheir apparels division as Vice President Production and Operations taking care of apparel production, QA, SCM and all procurement functions with seven factories and 6500+people working with me.
Manager SCM & Logistics at PT Kewalram, Bandung, Indonesia (Aug ’02- May ’04), the largest embroidery manufacturer of the ASEAN region
-Achieved major improvements in machine efficiencies (Up 87%)-Reduced the order turnaround time from 55 days to 39 days
Vice President SCM & Logistics at Vardhman Industries, Baddi, India (Aug ’01- Aug ’02). It is a leading composite textile mill of India.
-Established central planning and inventory management cell in the unit to enable increased production of fabric from 1.2 million meters to 2.3 million meters within 8 months of joining.
-Introduced JIT techniques to reduce inventory by more than 40%
– Assisted the Marketing head as his second in command to take care of all marketing functions and lead a large domestic sales team directly.
Positions in SCM, Logistics and Sales in India in (July ’89 to Aug ’01) in industries including Auto components (Gabriel), Watches (Maxima), cold rolled steel (RMI), air conditioning (Carrier) & computers (HCL)
- Selected as amongst the TOP 75 IMMIGRANTS TO CANADA for the year 2013 in an event organized by Toronto Star & RBC Bank.
- An author, a columnist, writer, a truth activist and a performer (full member of ACTRA, Canadian professional actors’ body and studied film making from NYFA, New York, USA).
- Actively involved in various community organizations including being a Director in a large community housing project in Toronto, Canada (July ‘20-July’21), President of Niagara Innkeepers Association (‘10-‘12), Advisory body member of NITRA, a textile research organization in India (2008) to name a few.
- Canadian citizen with Indian OCI (can work in India easily)
- In Canada currently but reaching India on 24th January 2022.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Also skpe id)
Permanent Address: 62 Bankfield Drive, Toronto, ON- M9V 2P9. Canada.
Tel: Canada- H- +1 416 848 4313 / © +1 437 236 3553 (Also on what’s app)
India- H- + 91 120 4097088/ C + 91 9897065428 (PP)
Leadership built on truth and excellence.