Highlights- A performer with good command over languages (English, Hindi, Urdu, and Indonesian), a poet and a writer available for work in Canada, India and USA.
Contact: India: +91 989 938 7697
Canada: +1 647 461 7697
FILM AND THEATER BACKGROUND-
Member of Film Writers Association, Mumbai, India (since July 2015), the most prestigious body for film and TV writers in India where memberships is based on past experience and credential review.
Have done a course in Digital Film making from New York Film Academy, New York, USA and have scripted, directed, edited and acted in shorts in New York and Toronto.
FEATURE FILM ACTING ROLES-
1. Homage to Atilda- Street vendor- Guelph, Canada-Directed by Bryan Nagle.
2. I see you- Uber taxi driver- Toronto, Canada (October 2015)
SHORT FILMS ACTING ROLES-
1.RENDEZVOUS– (Click to see movie) LEAD- A 17 minute film where I play a business executive (New York)
2. A Russian Bollywood Christmas (Click to see movie)- One of the 3 leads in a 12 minute short film. Toronto.
3. Rear Truth (Click to see official trailer)- SUP. LEAD- A 19 minute short where I played the role of an upright Police Captain.-(New York)
4. Toronto Garbage Strike (Click to see official trailer) – Supporting Lead- The role of a striker- A 20 minute film and a satire. Toronto
5. Deaf and Disappointment, Mad, Transformation, New Yorkers, Mirror -New York
COMMERCIALS AND AD CAMPAIGNS ACTING ROLES-
- An ad film for Pantagonia- An apparels retailer ( Nov ’15)- Toronto, Canada.
- An ad film for E-TRADE (for TV and Web usage)- New York, USA
- A Photo Shoot for Quesada Mexican Grill Restaraunt – Toronto, Canada
- An ad film for for mlb.com – New York, USA
G for Girl Literacy- In a literacy campaign. Toronto (Nov 2015)
1. A role in music video,‘Understand‘ (Click to watch) for Toronto artist Arabesque
Background work in feature films & TV Serials like “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice”, a Walt Disney Film in a scene with Nicolas Cage (New York), “Devil” a film by M. Night Shyamalan (Toronto), Poet Professor (September 2015), You See Me (October 2015), The Code (October 2015), The Strain (March 2016), Taken (April 2016), Downsizing (May 2016- with Matt Damon), American Gothic (May 2016), Saving Hope (April-May 2016)
Have acted and directed many plays in English and Hindi languages while studying at IIT Bombay, India
An accomplished writer and a contributor to national media of Canada (Guelph Mercury, New Canadian Media) and India (Times of India). For Times of India, I am an associate writer as well as have my own blog page, Dev-Vani on their site.